Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home sweet home! - Afton



Hey everyone, long time no write!! Well let me tell you Janelle and I had a wicked time in Europe together, I wish I was still there with her, but at the same time I am sooooo glad to be at home! I missed free public washrooms and yummy brewed coffee. I'm not sure how Janelle feels on this but I can't wait to get back out running! Perhaps another half marathon is in the works?? Maybe a full?? The last couple kilometers of our race were gruelling though. I knew I was going to make it, it really all came down to listening to my body.... can I run the last three kilometers....? So with my better judgement I gave myself permission to stop listening to the garmins now very familiar chime, I said to Janelle, "You can keep running if you like, but I need to walk a bit." As the wonderful friend she is, she replys "Hey we are in this together, if your walking so am I!" Janelle and I walked about 1.5 or 2 kilmeters before Mike, the Joints in Motion trainer came across us and coaxed us into running that last 900 or so metres, and I am so glad he did! Thanks Mike!
So as for my running regimen, I definitley need to take a week or two off I'm hoping to be back at'er by the end of the month, and I hope to see all those familiar faces. As promised in Janelles last blog post here are some race photos for your enjoyment! Sorry I expected to get more on here then two, I will try again another day, thanks everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. yay! canada! yay! you two! love the photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to start training for Iceland when I get back. how do you feel about doing some hiking Afton?? I need a buddy ;)

    ReplyDelete